Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wacky Watercooler Year End Blog Hop!

Wacky Watercooler New Catalog(ue) Blog Hop
Wooo Hooo! It's time for another Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop!!! Some of the best Demos in Stamping Up, getting together to showcase current products to make your holidays that much brighter! LOVE IT!!! If you've followed the Hop from the beginning, you should have arrived here from Gail's blog. If not, no worries, you can either click on the banner above to start at the beginning, or see the bottom of this post for the next stop. It doesn't matter where you start, because there will always be a link for the next blog. Easy peasy!

I don't know about you, but I'm realllly behind on making this year's Christmas cards! Every year I promise myself to make them all year long, so I won't be stressed out by waiting til the last minute. You know, like I always do! Every.Single.Year! *sigh* So here I am, way behind schedule - again, lol! Sound familiar?? (Please say yes!) So, I've decided to help out us both out - fun, festive and easy cards to make the process fun again!!

1st card - Gate Fold

Same card - with different colors/paper/embellishment button
You can write your own sentiments inside with SU's silver or gold markers!

Recipe:
Stamps: Festive Flurry, Christmas Messages
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Season of Style DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Silver Encore
Accessories: Festive Flurry framelits, Frosted Finishes embellishments, Naturals Designer buttons, mini glue dots

2nd Card - Window Card
This fun card allows you to "peek" inside by having a vellum window on the front panel! Using the holiday carry over set "Evergreen", this is perfect set for this technique!

Inside of card

Recipe:
Stamps: Evergreen
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Season of Style DSP, Vellum, Gold Foil paper (star)
Ink: Versamark, Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Art Deco framelits, bitty star punch

3rd Card - Faux Quilt
What could be better in the chilly winter months than snuggling up in a pretty quilt??? And by making a paper one, it's fast and easy!! Using the combination of the Lattice Bigz die and Square Lattice embossing folder, you can make gorgeous "quilts" in record time!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: More Merry Messages
Paper: Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Season of Style DSP
Ink: Gumball Green
Accessories: Lattice Bigz die, Square lattice embossing folder, dimensionals

http://stampingandotherstuff.blogspot.ca/
Did you miss Gail's post? Click above!

 photo nextwatercoolercrockbutton.jpg
Ready to see what Heidi has in store? Click next!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! So many great ideas! My favorite is the faux quilt card--yummy!

Deborah Smart said...

Jeanne, you really are the queen! Of terrific projects, that's for sure! I just love your fancy fold cards, and the faux quilt - I never thought of the lattice die for Christmas. So glad you are part of the Hop!

Terri said...

Your projects are always so creative! Thanks for sharing! :)

Gail said...

All of the above - especially the quilt card. I love quilt cards!

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Jeanne, thanks so much for being part of this Blog Hop. As usual I love your creations. That gate-fold card with the snowflake cut-out is gorgeous! I love the white and red one with the bling in the centre. The the one with the green snowflake is a surprise, especially with the button in the centre. Great idea! I have to try your idea of embossing on vellum and having a solid stamped tree underneath. Love it! I'm glad they carried over the Evergreen stamp set. I'm still trying to figure out how you did the quilted design. I can see the obvious Lattice Bigz die cutout in Whisper White, but did you also cut out the DSP or the green? It certainly is effective. Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

Love your gatefold card with the Festive Flurry die cut. Great colors!
THE gold embossing on vellum makes your Evergreen card very elegant. I definitely am going to case your lattice quilt card. Great cards!!!

Bev said...

Jeannie your quilt card is lovely!

Created by Kath said...

I love the Gate fold card!

Gail said...

Great ideas every one!
Although I'm not a SU demo, I think I have almost everything here!
Sad isn't it!
Going to carry on to see what else I can do with my hoard/collection!

Susan said...

Jeanne. Your cards are beautiful, as always. You are so talented. You make beautiful cards. You are a great cook and a terrific cleaner of little girl rooms! :)

Rita said...

These are beautiful! And I haven't even started yet!! Awk!!

AliceKay said...

I love the gate fold card the best. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog and your projects are awesome. Happy Stampin' girl!

None None said...

Fabulous cards! I love that vellum window with the gold embossing - truly marvelous!

Intense Guy said...

Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler... goodness... those colors make me hungry!